Is This You?

Claiming Universal Credit if you have a disability or health condition, ESA (Employment Support Allowance), PIP (Personal Independence Payment) or being migrated from another benefit?

Like someone to attend the assessment with you, to offer support and help you understand the process?

Worried about the Assessment?

ICANN are able to provide you with support at your PIP/ESA Benefit Assessment

An Advocate can meet with you before your assessment

Help you to understand the process and prepare

Provide support at the assessment to get all the information across to the assessor

Help you get your voice heard  

This service is aimed at supporting residents across Lancashire (Preston, Chorley, South Ribble, West Lancashire, Burnley, Hyndburn, Pendle, Ribble Valley, Rossendale, Lancaster, Wyre, and Fylde). For other area assessments we may be able to provide support and information to you still, without attending the assessment centre.

We cover people attending for assessment in Preston, Ormskirk, Lancaster, Blackpool, Burnley and Blackburn assessment centres.

We work in conjunction with many other local charities and advice giving organisations who can make referrals.

You can also self refer by phone (01772 900253) or by email (